Fact and tips about urgent care centers – What should you know about visiting an urgent care clinic
Why are urgent care centers so popular?… There are a number of different reasons regarding this fact, but overall, an urgent care clinic is the place where patients are able to receive immediate help for their non-life threatening injuries and illnesses.
When does the urgent care clinic meet the patient demands of convenience and efficiency?
Urgent care centers are places where you can treat anything from flu, colds, sore throats, asthma, ear infections, urinary tract infections, fever, upset stomachs, rashes, dehydration, cuts to broken bones, sprains, burns, back pain, and even insect bites.
They represent the ideal location to treat injuries and illnesses that are too severe to be treated in a primary care physician office but not severe enough to require hospitalization.
With that in mind… here are the primary benefits of choosing an urgent care clinic for your medical needs:
- Value – this means that patients are able to save costs on medical expenses but still receive quality medical care
- Convenience – patients are able to receive medical care on their own schedule
- Continuity of care – the doctor notes and any test results from the visit at an urgent care clinic will be sent to the patient’s primary care physician.
Interesting facts regarding urgent care centers
- There are approximately 9,000 urgent care centers in the U.S., according to the Urgent Care Association of America.
- In 2012, an urgent care center had an average of 357 patient visits per week, which translates to more than 160 million total visits annually for all urgent care centers combined.
- Approximately 20,000 physicians practice urgent care medicine, according to the American Academy of Urgent Care Medicine.
Look for your local urgent care clinic for help in Lindenhurst, Massapequa, Melville, Amityville, Farmingdale, Levittown and West Babylon, today!