Electromagnetic waves or X-rays performed in emergency clinic and hospitals is a type of radiation that captures the images of internal organs of a human body during a traumatic event, recorded in a computer in different shades of black and white colors. During an emergency case, if you are in Farmingdale or any of its surrounding areas like- Amityville, Levittown, Lindenhurst, Massapequa, Melville and West Babylon get an appointment with Promptcare MD, an emergency clinic based in Farmingdale offering the best medical care along with facilities like- X-rays. To learn more, visit our site –www.promptcaremd.com.
X-rays are painless and helps to identify:
- Diagnosis of any fractures in body parts, especially broken bones
- Bone infection and bone tumor
- Tooth Decay
- An abnormal curvature of the spine or scoliosis
Why an X-ray is performed?
Different types of X-rays are used for different purposes. Like for example:
- To help the surgeon guide equipments to the area that is being assessed or treated.
- To view the area where we are experiencing the pain.
- To monitor the progression of a disease, like- arthritis or osteoporosis.
Where to get help from?
We can either get help from our home physician or radiographer who will review the X-ray report and discuss your condition.
The 4 types of X-rays performed in an emergency clinic are described below:
- Barium Enema- It is used to identify bowel problems, like- continuous constipationand blood in stools.
- Barium Swallow- It is used for diagnosing problems with the upper digestive system, like- swallowing problems or dysphagia and also abdominal pain
- Intravenous Urogram (IVU) – It is used for diagnosing problems with the urinary system.
- Angiography- Angiography is a kind of X-ray that is used to analyze the blood vessels of a human being. The images created during angiography are called angiograms.
After the x-ray, we can about our normal activities. Post x-rays, a radiologist will explicate the x-ray images and the result will be sent to our doctor so that we can make an appointment.